There is a stubborn trend of our times that suggest we must always be enjoying ourselves, that life is always full of great moments. While we don’t disagree with the idea of silver linings, it’s also important that we stay honest. That can mean accepting some days are just plain tough, and at times those days can turn into weeks or even years. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, life is a tapestry of many colours and the more we chose to see the richer we can be for it.
Here are 7 great quotes to help you out on those tough days:
1. We thought we’d start off with something powerful and uplifting. This is also a great quote to have on your wall if you’re starting a big project or assignment, something to keep you going if you lose confidence. Originally a quote by Norman Vincent Peale who was an American minister and author. He wrote a book called The Power of Positive Thinking and is recognised for making the concept of popular thinking a big thing.
2. This quote is originally written by Kenji Miyazawa who was a novelist and poet of children's literature but also had many other titles under his belt including: cellist, and agricultural science teacher. Although he was an unknown poet for his lifetime his works started to come to light in the nineties and a lot of his poems have been adapted to anime. An important part of life is accepting pain and letting it become part of you, we feel this quote captures that essence.
3. A quote written by the legendary Chinese philosopher Confucius. Society tends to drive the idea that we must be continually striving and succeeding at a pace far beyond what most of us are capable of on any given day. This is a great quote to counter that ideal; progress day-by-day even if it is minimal is still to be rewarded with praise and support.
4.This is a great quote to help you remember that life is a blend of many different experiences. Written by Sara Evans, an American country singer who has recently started to delve into writing fiction.
5. The late Elbert Hubbard wrote this and we couldn’t agree more. He was a writer, artist and philosopher and was influential in arts and crafts at the time. We recognise this in ourselves. Why is it that we waste our energy on creating fears when we could be putting it to use in more positive ways?
6. If you’ve not heard of this wonderful woman yet, we’re more than happy to introduce you. Brene Brown is a shame researcher. She has become something of a powerhouse in recent years due to her famous Ted Talk on vulnerability. She has gone on to write many great books and hosts a podcast called Unlocking Us that is a great resource. This quote is so powerful in so few words, once you stop 'running from yourself' can also make you realise how many other people were running alongside you!
7. This is one person who doesn’t need much introduction and has many great quotes. But this is one of our favourites. We’re so hard on ourselves yet the irony is we are also the most important person in our lives, if we don’t love ourselves then how can we share our love with others?
We hope these quotes brighten your day and give you the courage and integrity to move forward with whatever difficulty you maybe having, remember you are not alone. 💪💪🏿